Welcome to the Gulf Shores Pier Fishing Forum.
 photo BannerJampMborderSMALL_zps15367b1f.jpg
    Thanks

Fort Morgan Pier

Are there any lights on the Fort Morgan pier and can you park close and fish there at night?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chillinfish View Post
    Are there any lights on the Fort Morgan pier and can you park close and fish there at night?
    Yes, Yes, and Yes.

This time of year I would try live shrimp or bull minnows if you can find them for a chance at smaller reds, the occasional speck, flounder, other eating fish. Or you can utilize small lively pinfish or croakers to target the larger redfish that hunt the shallows at night without having to change out cutbait every 45 minutes due to the army of crabs that live in the bay during the summertime-feel free to catch all the blue crabs you can eat. The parking lot is right there and the maintenance crew does a pretty good job of keeping the area lit up at night. Be warned, boat traffic from the launch can be heavy at first light and at dusk so be prepared for possible close encounters of the Cape Horn kind.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dutch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Since when have they put lights on that pier?

Thanks
    No lights on the pier itself, I did not mean to misinform, but the big high pressure sodium fixtures in the parking lot/boat launch keeps it bright enough to safely fish in the dark. One of the big problems was when we had a light out it would take forever to get a crew out to fix it but they have stayed in top of street light maintenance after some bad traffic accidents on 180 in recent months. The fiancée and I were out on the pier last week crabbing at night and there were an older couple out fishing that were killing rat reds and croakers on fresh dead shrimp.

I don't live two miles away and am fishing around the area several days out of the week but haven't felt unsafe after hours on the pier. I don't fish much off of it because of some inconsiderate boaters that I have ran into over there that did not respect the people fishing off of the pier during daylight hours. We still catch crabs and cast net for mullet quite a bit because the numbers can't be beat.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dutch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for the info. I was hoping for some lights to attract some specs.

Thanks
    Do you still have to pay to get to the barges? Been many years since I've been down there and I believe in the past you had to pay to get to the fishing pier.