Welcome to the Gulf Shores Pier Fishing Forum.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ckylec

Thread: Shark landing area

Thanks

Shark landing area

I was thinking. It seems the biggest concern surrounding landing sharks on the pier is the safety of those on the pier. Would there be a way to possibly section off an area or two with a small fence where a person could land a shark and kill it without it having the freedom to flop all over the pier? This would also keep people away from the angler who is landing the fish. I'm envisioning something about 3 feet high and about 5-6 feet long open on both sides so anglers can pass through while fighting a fish but still be sectioned off for the actual landing of the fish. Is this something anyone else thinks would be at all effective as an option.
    The way I see it..we are all in this together to try and come up with options for solutions rather than just complain about a problem.

Thanks
    I don't know how you could guarantee every shark ends it's fight inside the confines of the fence.
    Rebels32 likes this.

Thanks
    Yeah I've never landed a fish that size. Wasn't sure if you could get a gaff in one and work it around to the section.