Welcome to the Gulf Shores Pier Fishing Forum.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By CarlF
  • 1 Post By perdidohunter
  • 1 Post By Haywire

Thread: Typically, how is the fishing after the storm?

Thanks

Typically, how is the fishing after the storm?

Coming in on Friday...as far as the fishing goes, have I got anything to be worried about? Any chance the storm could bring in fish? Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 827 Posts
    Every storm is different. Sometimes as soon as it calms its great other storms it's so churned up it sucks. No way to tell yet
    eym_sirius likes this.
    Carl

Life is too short to drink bad beer.

Disclaimer: This post and/or report is not a substantiation of or reflection on the true accuracy of the present stock assessment methods. It is only an anecdotal report on or comment concerning local observations. Your results may vary.

Thanks
    If gulf is bad you may still have the inshore options. Mangroves, flounder, and slot reds have been abundant lately. We will just have to wait and see though.
    chillinfish likes this.
    'Veteran' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'USA' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Thanks
    Four years ago I rode out a storm like this and the second day after it ended fishing was great.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,292 Times in 1,104 Posts
    I think that since you're coming anyway, there's no point in worrying. I don't think that there's any evidence that a tropical storm "brings in fish". Usually, I think that roily water disorients sight-feeders. But -- it's like CarlF said, "No way to tell yet". You get a better idea once the storms have passed to know when the water may begin to clear.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to eym_sirius For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,043 Times in 1,919 Posts
    You can nearly always catch all the hardhead and gafftop catfish you can handle. This kind of storm used to always move the snapper around on the offshore spots---there was always a race to see who could get to the Liberty Ships first to catch the ones that had ganged up there.
    eym_sirius likes this.