Welcome to the Gulf Shores Pier Fishing Forum.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Ghetto, but works...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ADiem21 View Post
    Last night I just modified a rolling cooler with handle, and added 4 rod holders. My brother and I have a cart but does not fit in my car, so when I cant use the Cart, I have a more compact alternative. Im satisfied, servers its purpose.
    don't feel bad i have a 2 door saturn. i modified my green garden cart to have quick breakdown so after each trip i have to take 2 min taking it apart to get it into that small, 4 cyl, 2 door car. i have the cart tweaked enough to hold 9 rods, ice chest, drop net, 4 chairs, and tackle box, and food.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstarpoet1 View Post
    don't feel bad i have a 2 door saturn. i modified my green garden cart to have quick breakdown so after each trip i have to take 2 min taking it apart to get it into that small, 4 cyl, 2 door car. i have the cart tweaked enough to hold 9 rods, ice chest, drop net, 4 chairs, and tackle box, and food.
    The struggle is real! I gotta Honda Fit and trying to fit a full size cart, cooler, net, and 8 rods takes some work but I still have room when its all said and done. Honda nailed it when they said its deceptively large.
    chillinfish and Haywire like this.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 827 Posts
    Last summer, we transported all our gear in a VW Golf, same story, stuff, cram and make no rod tips are in the door jams! But good gas mileage on a 60 mile trip trumps all the room in the F150.
    chillinfish likes this.
    Carl

Life is too short to drink bad beer.

Disclaimer: This post and/or report is not a substantiation of or reflection on the true accuracy of the present stock assessment methods. It is only an anecdotal report on or comment concerning local observations. Your results may vary.

Thanks
    Finally seriously upgraded my pier cart. I can actually haul more than 2 rods now, I'm pumped, come on spring!! Thanks GCIS in Foley!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    usa and Pier#r like this.

Thanks
    Looks like you got it done just in time as the King slaughter is fixin to start exactly one month from today (my pick in the lotto)
    chillinfish likes this.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crazynewts View Post
    Looks like you got it done just in time as the King slaughter is fixin to start exactly one month from today (my pick in the lotto)
    You're giving me chill bumps just thinking about it, hope you're right!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,043 Times in 1,919 Posts
    Get yourself a good front wheel for your chariot---makes a world of difference. I got a pneumatic wheel from Harbor Freight and it made my cart roll a lot smoother and quieter. The way I attached it was a little ghetto, but that should make it fit right in on yours
    barnburnerAU likes this.

Dufus Tourist
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 518 Posts
    Next upgrade after the front wheel is the bait bucket holder. Then the weed eater motor, bicycle chain and sprockets.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire View Post
    Get yourself a good front wheel for your chariot---makes a world of difference. I got a pneumatic wheel from Harbor Freight and it made my cart roll a lot smoother and quieter. The way I attached it was a little ghetto, but that should make it fit right in on yours
    i didn't really think I would even like the wheel, but since there is a Haywire Engineered pneumatic wheel option I will probably go that route, thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,043 Times in 1,919 Posts
    That wheel is a tad big and makes the cart higher in the front---makes it look like a low rider that can get rubber in the first three gears. Trouble is, the engine is old and weak and hasn't had its oil changed in a long time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast