Welcome to the Gulf Shores Pier Fishing Forum.
Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By Pier#r
  • 1 Post By chillinfish

Thread: Looks like y'all may get some company soon

Thanks

Looks like y'all may get some company soon

Another NIMBY story - not in my back yard

Seems like a loooong way from point of contact.

Zero Tolerance Policy Could Lead to Navy Detainment Centers | Time
    Good times, Good friends, Great Beer. You can buy all three - But it's always better to invest the time to make your own.

We are getting there...
    Born, bred and someday dead in Midtown Mobile, AL
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,322 Times in 3,928 Posts
    Blog Entries
    From our U.S. Representative (Bradley Byrne):
    You may have seen reports about the possibility of 25,000 illegal immigrants being housed at Navy airfields in south Baldwin County. I am deeply troubled by these reports, and I will do everything I can to work with our local leaders to make sure the proposal never actually takes place.We have successfully fought efforts to house illegal immigrants in Baldwin County before, and we will do the same again because the proposal makes no sense. Housing anyone in tents on the Gulf Coast during the heat of summer and the heart of hurricane season would be inhumane and a major mistake. My office has already contacted the Department of Homeland Security to express my strong objections.
    The whole issue just underscores why it is so important we secure our borders and crack down on illegal immigration. We should be working to return illegal immigrants to their home country as quickly as possible instead of taking them even further away from the border. I will be sure to keep you posted on this issue as things develop.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pier#r For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Nevermind.
    Last edited by Nimakdm; 06-24-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Dufus Tourist
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 518 Posts
    I think we should send a few thousand to live with Chuck Shumer, Nancy Pelosi and Bernie Sanders and any other politician who thinks open borders are a great idea. And while we are at it lets release any prisoner in the USA who has a child. I hear it is inhumane to seperate children from their parents and we should be consistent.
    jhl likes this.