Welcome to the Gulf Shores Pier Fishing Forum.
Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By chuckster
  • 1 Post By fishingjunkie84
  • 4 Post By chuckster

Thread: Noodle (jug) fishing,Lake mitchell

Thanks

Noodle (jug) fishing,Lake mitchell

New used 16 stinger lowe power boat running better every time out,thank you sea foam, have been having relative good short trips fishing noodles baited with walmart nitecrawlers,,,,water temp,88.9 degrees,,catching fish in 15 to 17 ft of water,,crazy thing is last 2 trips Monday and Wednesday,we didn't start catching fish till 10 and 9 am respectively..only one dead fish pic, they all look alike. 1 to 3 lbs,,Carried my wife a sunday back,we had about 20 noodles out,she turned to me and asked "is this legal"..meanwhile me and doug procured some rotten wheat chum last Monday,:READ gagger stuff",,though a good deckhand I admonished him,,Spill this crap in the boat,,you are going over,,It was a failed experiment,,2 buoys,chum distributed carefully,covered the proximate areas with 20 noodles,,,,only baitstealers in 2 hours,,That stuff,tho it sank could be smelled 40 yds. downwind 2 hrs later.came back wed,put 2 noodles on 1 area ,1 6 inch channel,,,So maybe the chum was too shallow at 10 ft,,who knows,,anyhow some good learning adventures!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pier#r, Loyal, usa and 1 others like this.

Thanks
    Looks like you were in Hatchet near Pentemotly if'n I'm not too bad off judging from the bank in the pics. I seem to have had better luck in a little deeper in around where the old tie off log floated. There are a lot of nice'uns in that lake.

usa
    Thanks
    Chuckster, sounds like a lot fun and good eating . How deep is your bait ? Thanks for sharing .

Thanks
    ,We have been using those walmart Canadian nitecrawlers ,each will make 2 or 3 baits,,,probably 17 ft of line on most noodles,,setting in 12 to 20 ft of water,old castnet lead weights bout a ft above eagle clw lazer #5 circle hooks,,,didn't get fancy and put pvc in the floats,,just gotta grab the lines or it will cut tha float if its a big un or gets hung on brush,,,some have 20 mono,,,most I have tied recently are 50 lb mono,,,,bout a lb is the smallest we catch causa the big hooks,,thats ok, good eaters

5. The Following User Says Thank You to chuckster For This Useful Post:

usa

Thanks
    wild,,was the old tie off log there where weogufka goes into hatchet??? not familiar with it,there was one there across from willow flats,thats gone now,,tnx ahead
    Last edited by chuckster; 06-19-2015 at 06:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    try chicken breasts for bait. a professional catfish guide i know gave me that tip. he catches some monsters 60+ lbs.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I do a lot of jug fishing on my local lakes, actually going tonight, I use dead shad for bait at a 5ft depth and toss them near the bank back in any likely looking bays and cuts, outta 20 jugs I average 12 to 15 hits in each spot
    chillinfish likes this.

Thanks
    Thanks to all for the info and suggestions,,After a lil forum reading did a lil research project Monday the 29th. We marked the noodles that were baited with chicken breast chunks marinated in a zip lock with strawberry Koolaid in the frig overnight..amazing texture change,,tough consistency,the results were amazing too..we kept 15 channels in 2 hours or less with 45 noodles out..The strawberry chicken was at least 3 to one over an equal number baited with Canadian nightcrawlers...Yeah!,,cost was about the same,,easier to bait hooks,,Long as you don't mind pink fangers,,tight lines
    usa, Pier#r, chillinfish and 1 others like this.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chuckster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Don't mix the koolaid,,just straight powder,no water

13. The Following User Says Thank You to chuckster For This Useful Post:

usa

Thanks
    Sorry to bring this thread back to the top but Lake Mitchell qualifies as my home port. The tie off I was talking about is way back in Weogufkla I haven't been there in a few years. I grew up weekending @ my uncles place in pumphouse slough and in the last few years at the home of a good friend you may recognize the place it has the Margaritaville sign with the 3 drunk parrots on the boat house.
    I love Lake Mitchell.