Welcome to the Gulf Shores Pier Fishing Forum.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Pier Repairs

Thanks
    Has anyone seen an artist's rendering or plans for the observation deck (aka, crow's nest)? Will we fish in the shade at least part of the day? Will it interfere with casting or force everyone to cast underhand (required at some piers for safety)?
    700fisher and Haywire like this.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 690 Posts
    Bunch of foolish ideas , observation deck.... the pier was built by drawings and panels could be built offsite pull and replace as they go, closing just part like the electric was done
    A few ways to due it, without total closure
    Tarheel and fshntime like this.
    Bill..............

Thanks
    I agree....if the panels were premade I would think they could be changed out in a week. When they talked about 3 months I knew something else had to be involved. I come down almost every winter for a week and really enjoy that time of year on the pier. If I make it down I guess it'll be surf fishing every day.....there are worse things I guess.
    bodebum likes this.

We are getting there...
    Born, bred and someday dead in Midtown Mobile, AL
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,298 Times in 3,923 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A LOT of speculation going on when the money to do anything has not even been allocated yet (just sayin ;-)
    700fisher and Haywire like this.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pier#r For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yep I heard it covers the whole end of the pier , only under hand casting from now on and rod length a maximum of 5 ft for safety to keep from hitting the observation deck and non fisherman on it
    fshntime likes this.

Thanks
    At the end of the day they will do as they please. I just wish l knew what the plan and timeline will be. The Pier employees talked like it was a done deal and then I find out the money isn't even there yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,043 Times in 1,919 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johntr21 View Post
    Yep I heard it covers the whole end of the pier , only under hand casting from now on and rod length a maximum of 5 ft for safety to keep from hitting the observation deck and non fisherman on it
    If they do something crappy like this, I expect that Haywire will find something else to do and/or somewhere else to go. I know they don't give a shite but it would take a lot of the fun out of fishing there with those kind of obstacles in the way. Makes me sad.
    ironman172, travis and Tarheel like this.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire View Post
    If they do something crappy like this, I expect that Haywire will find something else to do and/or somewhere else to go. I know they don't give a shite but it would take a lot of the fun out of fishing there with those kind of obstacles in the way. Makes me sad.
    feel the same way,
    I am at an advantage being a visitor, can rent anywhere on the gulf coast and have in the past waiting for the rebuild to get done, and sure I am not the only one.
    sad is an understatement
    Haywire and Tarheel like this.
    Bill..............

Thanks
    Thanked 1,966 Times in 479 Posts
    I suggested to Lamar that a group of Pier Rats get together with Park People to discuss any changes that might be made. I made some but pretty much figured right or wrong they are gonna do what ever they want with it.
    Tarheel likes this.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,040 Times in 617 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johntr21 View Post
    Troll

You forgot to mention the ceiling fans and the fountain coke machines. Also plans for shower stalls/fish cleaning booths, going to have a big drain in the center of the floors with basically a giant garbage disposal under each one. The plan is to put all the nutrients back into the water. The toilets will run through them also-nothing goes to waste. Fish up current from them however.
    The key to happiness is to avoid the things that make you unhappy.

Namaste

12. The Following User Says Thank You to david lea For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast